Saturday, May 16, 2009

On top of the pile

A few years ago I took on a job where I worked as a customer service rep for a pool and spa manufacture. As I sat there day after day I would listen to the phone calls from customers across our nation. Some of them they would thank us for the Spa or pool and they would brag about how beautiful it turned out. As a matter of conversation I would ask them to please send me a picture. Some of them were pretty nice and others were so, so. Then one day someone sent me one that really cool, I thought it was really assume because of the way they incorporated it in their landscape and brick walk ways.

Then the other day I came across an old box of pictures one of which was the picture of this spa and I thought, what was the big attraction, since I know that I’ve seen others which are far more elaborate? Well, I concluded this. There will always be some one better and bigger and stronger and better looking and wealthier and intelligent and more together and wiser and powerful and higher than I. But then I thought, is there a rock that is bigger than the Ayres rock in Australia? Or is there a mountain bigger than the tallest mountain that I know of? Logic alone will tell you that once you have identified that one item that truly is the biggest, tallest, and smartest, better, stronger than all the others the hunt is over because you know you have found it.

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the father but through me”. Once you realize that Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life you will know that you just hit the jack pot and that there is no other way. Then you will be satisfied to know that he is who he said he was. That is, “the only savior who was, is, and always will be the perfect sacrifice for our sins and the sins of the world.
Just by the words “I AM”, should tell you that there is no name above the name of Jesus where by we must be saved. Jesus is that Rock!! Do you know him?

No comments:

Post a Comment